[oe] getting started - docbook

David Farning dfarning at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 12:11:53 UTC 2007

On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 09:37:39AM +0200, Koen Kooi wrote:

> David Farning schreef:
> Actually they aren't the same :)
>
> A bitbake file and a recipe are the same thing, but they produces a
> package (.ipk, .deb, etc). That's why we have DEPENDS (for the recipe)
> and RDEPENDS (for the package).

At least on place in either the bitbake or oe manual, the stuff under
the dev/packages/ is referred to as packages.

In the bitbake help, the usage is show as $bitbake [option] [package].
How can base-task of gpe-image be a package.

I know this this sounds really picky;)

But I am struggling over what to call the object of a bitebake.  (In
make they are call targets .ie make all, but in the embedded world
target is used to refer to the device for which you are building.)

$bitbake vim
$bitbake task-base
$bitbake gpe-image
$bitbake world