[oe] [RFC] Handling Patch Series in OE

Graeme Gregory dp at xora.org.uk
Fri Oct 26 11:09:25 UTC 2007

OM developers are making use of patches stored with a series file
(quilt style) and have a special pre patch function to apply these
patches.

This interferes with OE's current file://patch.patch;patch=1
application. Namely all patches applied in this way are forgotten from
patches/ directory when the first OE patch is applied.

I would like to add a new peice of handling to patch.bbclass that
handles a patchseries=1 type argument when passed with a URI which
points to a directory of patches+series file.

This new handling should play nice with OE's current system to avoid
information on patches being "lost"

I am making the assumption that in the case of things like this.

SRC_URI = "http://blah.tag.gz file://unfsck.patch;patch=1
http://series.tar.gz;patchseries=1 file://unfsck2.patch;patch=2"

Then the series should be applied after the first patch and before the
second. To avoid people getting suprised.

Any comments before I start to learn python?