[oe] Staging changes

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Mon Oct 29 23:26:46 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-29 at 16:26 +0000, Richard Purdie wrote:
> The next step is to go through the metadata doing one of two things:
>
> * correcting things where we have variables we can use
> * listing problem areas (e.g. gcc configure options)
>
> Bad references which can be grepped for are:
>
> ${STAGING_DIR}/${BUILD_SYS}

As an update, I've now dealt with all of the above references in OE.dev.

> ${STAGING_DIR}/${HOST_SYS}

~116 of these which probably really should mostly be:

${STAGING_DIR_HOST}${layout_exec_prefix}

(or ${STAGING_DIR_HOST}${layout_prefix} if its a prefix etc. but
exec_prefix is most likely if its specifying where to find a library)

> ${STAGING_LIBDIR}/.. (anything with a .. in is likely to cause problems)

~179 references of ${STAGING_*}/.. to check, most of which should
probably be "${STAGING_DIR_HOST}${layout_exec_prefix}"

${STAGING_DIR}/${TARGET_SYS} (~90 references) can become
"$(STAGING_DIR_TARGET}${layout_exec_prefix}"

or

${STAGING_DIR}/${TARGET_SYS}/lib
becomes
${STAGING_DIR_TARGET}/${layout_libdir}
(as used in LDFLAGS)

> ${STAGING_DIR}

No point in looking at this until the above is done but it should have
very few direct users when we're finished.

In case anyone doesn't understand the point of this, it means when we
change ${layout_libdir} from "/lib" to "/usr/lib", in theory nothing
breaks :).

Cheers,

Richard