[oe] 3rd party feeds

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Mon Sep 10 12:32:56 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Mon, 2007-09-10 at 10:00 +0200, Robert Schuster wrote:
> > You ping the angstrom maintainers and they will build that package and put it in the
> > angstrom feeds.
> Right. Pushing things upstream is the best solution.
>
> Sadly not every distribution has maintainers to ping. There are devices
> which are equipped with OE-built distributions for which no public
> distro.conf exists[0].
>
> > Angstrom *highly* discourages people to add random feeds from the internet.
> Sure, but I am not convinced that this holds for other distributions.
> Angstrom was meant to be a placeholder in my previous mail.

I'd recommend implementing what you're after as a script to run against
OE's deploy directory creating a new directory with just the ipks you
need in it. I would not alter OE's directories directly since that has
potential to break subsequent builds in weird ways.

I'd hope most people don't need to resort to doing this although I can
understand why some would want to.

Regards,

Richard