[oe] yaffs2 image generation support

Dr. Michael Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Tue Sep 11 13:36:25 UTC 2007

Richard Purdie wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-09-10 at 23:08 +0200, Dr. Michael Lauer wrote:
>> Team OpenMoko needs yaffs2 image generation support in OpenEmbedded.
>> Are there any patches out there, any experiences yet? If so, please
>> speak up so we don't have to duplicated work

> In case you're wondering about me, I don't have any yaffs2 patches ;-).

Ah, bummer ;) I'm going to do them then.

> I'd have thought jffs2 would be the preferred option due to the
> compression support which yaffs2 lacks?

Only up to a certain flash size. Starting with, say, 256, yaffs2 shows
its advantages. People inside some hardware unit are working on device
that comes w/ 1G of flash and they report yaffs2 outperforming jffs2.

Regards,

:M:
--
Michael 'Mickey' Lauer | IT-Freelancer | http://www.vanille-media.de