[oe] bootstrap-image boot error: Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dynamic_link.h...

DeVico, Michael mdevico at qualcomm.com
Tue Sep 11 19:36:24 UTC 2007

Hello,

This is more than likely a configuration/environment setup issue rather
that a bug, so I'm posting it here

rather than filing a bug for now...

I built the bootstrap-image using the angstrom-2007.1 distro and the
i686-generic machine definition.

My build host is running Fedora FC7 and the processor is an Intel Core 2
Duo.

However, when I try to boot, the kernel progresses through the device
hw/driver initialization and

successfully mounts  the rootfs, but then fails with the following error
message:

Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dynamic_link.h: 179
elf_get_dynamic_info: Assertion 'Info[15] == ((void*)0)' failed!

If I point it to a partition containing the helloworld root fs, it
prints "Hello World" as expected, so it would

appear to be a problem with the bootstrap image rootfs rather than the
kernel itself, but this is my first

experience building a linux system from the ground up so I could
definitely use some help here.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

--Mike