[oe] Task-base is big :(

Detlef Vollmann dv at vollmann.ch
Tue Sep 11 22:22:29 UTC 2007

Richard Purdie wrote:
> Is this overlay public? Even if we can't use it directly a summary of
> what you find unacceptable of the current approach in OE would be useful
> to see.
I don't have a full overlay, but here's an example:
$ cat python-my_2.5.1.bb
require python_${PV}.bb

DEPENDS = "python-native readline zlib gdbm openssl sqlite3 tcl"

EXTRA_OECONF = "--with-threads --with-pymalloc --with-cyclic-gc \
                --with-signal-module --with-wctype-functions \
                --enable-shared"

PROVIDES += "python"

The difference to the original python .bb is the removing of
 DEPEND: tk
  This would build a whole X11 system, and I definitely don't want that.

 EXTRA_OECONF: --without-cxx
  I want the C++, so I configure it with it.

The interesting part cannot be seen here: the package is lying.
python_2.5.1.bb is including python-2.5-manifest.inc, and that
declares to provide "python-tkinter" which is simply wrong.
But to remove that would either mean to provide a full own
edited copy of the manifest, or to remove the wrong declarations
again, which requires syntax I don't know.

 Detlef

--
Detlef Vollmann   vollmann engineering gmbh
Linux and C++ for Embedded Systems    http://www.vollmann.ch/