[oe] fortran and octave

Alain2210 alain2210 at free.fr
Wed Sep 19 10:47:54 UTC 2007

Hello,

> > With this patch and FORTRAN = ",fortran" in gcc_4.1.2.bb,
> > Building of gcc-cross__4.1.2.bb works and gfortran is working.
>
> Thanks for testing it! I made 2 commits that enable building and packaging
> for (lib)gfortran.

Thanks. I will try them.

> > Now, I'm building octave.
>
> you need to have my second commit to get octave working on the device,
> because it wasn't
> getting packaged.

Before using it, I need to build it. But octave_2.1.71.bb does not compile for
gcc 4.1 (and
probably above) :
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-octave-devel/2006-March/001246.html
It should be upgrade to octave_2.1.73. I have not build it but copying
octave_2.1.71.bb
to octave_2.9.14.bb I have build octave_2.9.14 (with a small problem with
qa_staging
and now ipk is void...).

Thanks,

Alain