[oe] How should OE be used?

Stelios Koroneos skoroneos at digital-opsis.com
Tue Sep 25 12:19:57 UTC 2007

> I tried using OE, but could not get it to complete a build for PowerPC
> 405 (neither uclibc or glibc - both failed but in different ways.
> Uclibc gets cross compiler badness errors - I think it is part of this
> powerpc vs ppc stuff in Linux).  After days of frustration, I had to
> bail out and use buildroot for this particular project instead.
> Obviously OE has lots of ARM and x86 users, but the PPC support falls
> behind because it isn't as popular.  I'll check back for a later
> project.

Well, not sure when you tried it, what distro etc but the ppc405 targets in OE
work :)

Infact i am giving a presentation today at the Power.org developer conference in
Austin on powerpc/OE

As we needed a stable tree for our devices/projects we have our distro called
OPLinux and OPlinux-uclibc with gcc 4.1.1 glibc 2.5 or uclibc 0.9.28
We push the changes back to OE on a regular bases and recently provided Koen
with a 405 board so he can do more test on Angstrom which uses newer versions
of gcc/uclibc.
If you (or any other) want a copy of what we use just let me know.

Stelios