[oe] How should OE be used?

Darcy Watkins DWatkins at tranzeo.com
Tue Sep 25 20:54:48 UTC 2007

Hi Stelios,

I did the following:

   Updated my copy to OE upstreams using monotone
   Set my distro to oplinux-uclibc
   Set my machine to dht-walnut

Let the distro and machine setup ARCH and TARGET_OS as suggested.

The build didn't complete...

  adjtimex.c:14 error '__adjtimex' aliased to undefined symbol
'adjtimex'
  adjtimex.c:15 error 'ntp_adjtime' aliased to undefined symbol
'adjtimex'

Somewhere inside uclibc task do_compile

Are you using a different machine file?

I am using an AMCC Taihu but I'll be happy just to be pointed to any
PPC405 machine / distro that builds without errors as a start.

Darcy