[oe] iwmmxt optimization on PXA270 (dejagnu test report)

Hasjim Williams openembedded-devel at lists.futaris.org
Tue Apr 1 00:27:24 UTC 2008

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 11:39:35 +1000, "Hasjim Williams"
<openembedded-devel at lists.futaris.org> said:

> On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 19:01:33 +0100, "Stanislav Brabec" <utx at penguin.cz>
> said:
>
> > I tested gcc-4.2.2-r6 with -march=iwmmxt -mcpu=iwmmxt -mtune=iwmmxt on
> > my image compiled for iwmmxt.
> >
> > Results seems to be promising. 99.99% tests passed. Results for Fortran
> > are invalid (I had not libgfortran in the system). Surprisingly, all
> > g++.dg/eh (exception handling) tests PASSed.
>
> I was a bit surprised that all the exception handling tests PASSed, but
> then I realised that there is no code to test exceptions on iwmmxt in
> that directory:

Joseph S Myers just replied to my post on the gcc mailing list, about
this:
http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-wot-to-do-with-the-Maverick-Crunch-patches--p16397272.html

gcc 4.2.2 doesn't have the patch for iwmmxt unwind support applied:

It should be in gcc 4.3.0.

binutils 2.18 should have this patch applied already:
http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2006-08/msg00207.html

binutils 2.17 doesn't have the patch applied.