[oe] OE Manual: License change? (was: Re: New OE user question)

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at haerwu.biz
Tue Apr 1 06:40:40 UTC 2008

Dnia Monday 31 of March 2008, Geoffrey Wossum napisał:
> On Monday 31 March 2008 09:07:48 am E Robertson wrote:

> > I'm brand new to OE and I've been following the documentation steps
> > along the way. I notice the documentation is either missing sections
> > or not clear and as I learn how to use this tool, I would like to
> > update the documentation sections. It's probably the least I could do
> > as I figure out how this works. I'm referirng to the user manual
> > wiki. Both configuring and building sections are missing clarity.
> > Who is responsible for the manual and how do I submit info to the
> > sections?
>
> May not help you with your current issue, but I've discovered that the
> Poky handbook is a better source of OpenEmbedded info than the
> OpenEmbedded documetation.
>
> http://www.pokylinux.org/doc/poky-handbook.html

That reminds me one thing.

OpenEmbedded documentation use "Creative Commons Attribution License 2.0",
Poky Handbook use "Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share
Alike 2.0" license. Copying from Poky Handbook to OpenEmbedded manual
require change on OE doc license to CC-NC-SA.

I vote for changing OE manual license to CC-NC-SA as there is lot of good
stuff in Poky handbook which would be nice to have also in OE manual.

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

          UseNet News. Learn what you know. Share what you don't.