[oe] stable branch checksum missmatch for quilt-0.45

E Robertson e.robertson.svg at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 13:07:34 UTC 2008

Hi Z,
You must be the funny one.

> Resolving facts:
> 	sha256 might be equal to SHA256
>
> 	oe_sha256sum might be an OpenEmbedded (oe) program to calculate a
> 	sha256. It was not able to execute it
>
> 	It was not able to execute oe_sha256sum, the stuff printed on the console
> 	was "".
>
> 	This could explain the mismatch?
>
> Applying knowledge:
> 	You have a failure because oe_sha256sum failed to be executed.
>
> Possible next steps:
> 	- Check if you have a oe_sha256sum
> 	- Check if your home partition allows execution of binaries
> 	- Check your build logs if oe_sha256sum was attempted to be built
> 	- Check the dep graph if there is a oe_sha256sum in it (bitbake -g and
> then read the files and search for sha256)
>
> oe_sha256sum is supposed to be built before everything else, and normally
> is. So good luck and please provide more feedback (you seem to get started)

I had already checked if the oe_sha256sum executable was build and it was not.
I also did a grep to see where the build was initiated.
Building from the dev branch did not give me this error because it was build -
hence I specify the _stable_ branch:

./oetmp/work/i686-linux/shasum-native-1.0-r1/oe_sha256sum
./oetmp/staging/i686-linux/usr/bin/oe_sha256sum

Since it was already built by the dev branch and I use the same local file to
build the stable branch, would it / should it skip the build and use the
built binary? Or would it just rebuild the binary?
What is the command to a clean build?

In your last point above, what is a "dep graph"?

Thanks.