[oe] stable branch checksum missmatch for quilt-0.45

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Tue Apr 1 14:48:57 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 01 April 2008 15:07:34 E Robertson wrote:
> You must be the funny one.

Sometimes, I have many faces and don't hide them :)

> Since it was already built by the dev branch and I use the same local file
> to build the stable branch, would it / should it skip the build and use the
> built binary? Or would it just rebuild the binary?
> What is the command to a clean build?

Ah you build stable and dev from the same directory and have a dev built
there? No this does not work. We recently changed the layout of staging
directory so dev and stable are not compatible. The only bug we have there is
we warn about 'upgrading' but not about 'downgrading' of the ABI in the
staging directory.

> In your last point above, what is a "dep graph"?

With OE/BitBake we have tasks (e.g. do bitbake -clisttasks nano). These are
like fetch, unpack, configure, compile, install, stage, package. E.g. to
configure nano you will need a C library for your target, this is where
dependencies between tasks get added. This ends up in a dep(endency) graph.