[oe] Changing recipe files

Stanislav Brabec utx at penguin.cz
Mon Apr 7 08:54:28 UTC 2008

Geoffrey Wossum wrote:

> For whatever reason, though, the system doesn't seem to pick up my change.
> I've tried running "bitbake -c rebuild gdb-cross".  I've tried bumping up the
> PR value in recipe file.  I've tried wiping out the work directory for
> gdb-cross.  Still doesn't want to use my modified version of do_stage().
> Every time I look in the run.do_stage.xxxxx it's the old version of
> do_stage().  I figure I could wipe out my entire build tree and the change
> would be caught, but I don't want to wait 2.5 hours to rebuild everything.

Normally, it's sufficient to call bitbake or even only temp/run.do_*
again. If you need to call again succeeded step, you need to remove
relevant stamp from tmp/stamps (or completely wipe out package build
directory and all package stamps).

> What is the magic incantation for my change to take effect?

But in Friday I failed using this way for unknown reason. After wiping
entire build tree, it works again as expected.

--
Stanislav Brabec
http://www.penguin.cz/~utx/zaurus