[oe] gcc 4.3.0 status, was: Re: Building ubuntu/gcc-4_2-branch to get GCJ for arm EABI

Matthijs van de Water matthijs.van.de.water at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 06:41:59 UTC 2008

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 7:13 PM, Koen Kooi <k.kooi at student.utwente.nl> wrote:
>  There are still a few problems, one of which is the includes-fixed
>  problem, the other that gcc refuses to find stdlib.h even when passed
>  the correct -I${STAGING_INCDIR}. Gcc also likes to ICE like crazy on
>  *_Load.c in libmikmod. It's also lacking the uclibc patches.

Any news on this?

I would be interested to have a look at this, but I'd appreciate a bit
more details on the errors you get and (where appropriate)
workarounds. I'd rather start from where you are than from scratch :)
Did http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2007-03/msg00017.html solve
the "include-fixed" problem for glibc?

Thanks,
Matthijs