[oe] Building ubuntu/gcc-4_2-branch to get GCJ for arm EABI

Robert Schuster theBohemian at gmx.net
Wed Apr 23 07:33:17 UTC 2008

Hi Matthijs,

Matthijs van de Water schrieb:
> Bad luck: my GCC/GCJ build seems flawless, but the filesystem I
> generated with it fails to run a Java Hello World :(
> It fails with a "terminate called without an active exception" before
> doing anything.
>
> I'll try to debug this, but I fear that I'll have to get this test
> based on GCC 4.3 before I can get any real support from the gcc-java
> mailing list...
Yeah, I've seen your thread over there. At least we have a good idea of
what is not working. Unfortunately I have this feeling that exception
handling on ARM with GCJ is an all time favorite. Hopefully we can get
things to fly with GCC 4.3 then.

Btw: Your statement that 4.3 is not widely in use is not quite right:
Fedora 9 and Debian Lenny are build with it or are in the process of
transition.

Regards
Robert