[oe] Building ubuntu/gcc-4_2-branch to get GCJ for arm EABI

Mark Brown broonie at sirena.org.uk
Wed Apr 23 12:32:55 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 01:44:26PM +0200, Matthijs van de Water wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 9:33 AM, Robert Schuster <theBohemian at gmx.net> wrote:

> >  Btw: Your statement that 4.3 is not widely in use is not quite right:
> >  Fedora 9 and Debian Lenny are build with it or are in the process of
> >  transition.

> Ok. I'm not sure how widely deployed the Fedora and Debian ARM
> distro's are, but that sounds at least positive.
> I'm going to give GCC 4.3 a spin and report back.

Debian ARM gets a reasonable amount of use, especially now that various
NAS devices are supported by the installer, though it's currently
transitioning to armel.  From the point of view of building Java stuff
it certainly gets a lot of exercise since pretty much all packages are
built for all architectures.