[oe] gcc & libssp disabled by default?

RvP lists at t3i.nl
Wed Apr 23 20:53:42 UTC 2008

Hi,

gcc versions 4.0.0 and later are currently being built without libssp
support: EXTRA_OECONF_BASE contains "--disable-libssp" in those recipes.

Why is that? E.g. mpd (music player daemon) needs libssp. As a work-around I
manually changed the .bb files for gcc 4.1.2 in paclages/gcc/ and removed the
--disable-libssp switch. Gcc now builds with libssp and all seems to run
without problems (on a NSLU2).

BTW. did I really need to edit the recipes in packages/gcc/ or could I have
set a variable elsewhere to enable libssp?

Cheers,

Richard.