[oe] brokenness of native builds by cross-compile site scripts

Stanislav Brabec utx at penguin.cz
Thu Apr 24 11:52:20 UTC 2008

Hallo.

I have just searching for reason, why a lot of native build started to
fail with strange errors.

I started with debugging of glib-2.0-native:
/bin/sh: line 6: 20886 Segmentation fault      ./glib-genmarshal --nostdinc --prefix=g_cclosure_marshal ./gmarshal.list --header >> xgen-gmh

Looking info config.log:
configure:1952: loading site script /OE/org.openembedded.dev/site/endian-little
configure:1952: loading site script /OE/org.openembedded.dev/site/arm-common
configure:1952: loading site script /OE/org.openembedded.dev/site/arm-linux

It loads totally confusing site values valid for arm instead of correct
x86_64-linux, and leads to miscompilation and crash.

If I empty upper mentioned site files, compilation succeeds.

As it seems to be deeper in the build engine, I was not yet able to find
and fix the problem.

If somebody could help with fixing of it, I would be glad.
--
Stanislav Brabec
http://www.penguin.cz/~utx/zaurus