[oe] xfonts, mapfile dir, and pkg-config issue

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Thu Apr 24 23:30:36 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-24 at 19:13 -0400, Cliff Brake wrote:
> This issue is that "pkg-config --variable=mapdir fontutil" returns:
>
> /usr/lib/X11/fonts/util
>
> which is correct if mapdir is used on the target system, but in this
> case mapdir is used on the host system during the build, so it really
> needs the path to staging.
>
> We can't modify font-util to put the staging path in fontutil.pc or
> insane.class complains about tmdir's in a *.pc file.
>
> What is the correct solution in this case?
>
> 1) hardcode EXTRA_OECONF with the MAPFILES_PATH (would require
> patching font packages -- bad)

If you can override from the commandline this may be an option,
particularly if all font packages accept the same option and we can use
a .inc file.

The alternative is to patch the configure.ac files so it uses something
like:

$PKG_CONFIG_SYSROOT_DIR`pkg-config --variable=mapdir fontutil`

which in theory should be accepted upstream too...

> 2) convince insane.class that this tmpdir is really OK in fontutil.pc

>From what you said above, this wouldn't help.

Cheers,

Richard