[oe] Mixed up STAGING_INCDIR's in uclibc.inc?

Geoffrey Wossum geoffrey at pager.net
Mon Apr 28 22:17:32 UTC 2008

On Monday 28 April 2008 04:49:46 pm Holger Freyther wrote:
> On Monday 28 April 2008 21:51:05 Geoffrey Wossum wrote:

> > I think the problem is the following line in packages/uclibc/uclibc.inc:
> > EXTRA_OEMAKE = "${OEMAKE_NO_CC} 'CC=${CC}'
> > HOSTCFLAGS='-I${STAGING_INCDIR}'"
> >
> > Seems to me like that should be STAGING_INCDIR_NATIVE instead of
> > STAGING_INCDIR.  If I make that change, then everything works again.
> >
> > Does this seem correct?
>
> hmm, in autoconf terminology host is:
> "  --host=HOST       cross-compile to build programs to run on HOST
> [BUILD]"
>
> if uclibc has the same terminology your patch is wrong, I don't know it
> though.

Ah, autotools, my old nemesis.  How have you been?  This new plot of yours to
corrupt projects which don't use you by confusing people is indeed fiendish.
But then, I would expect no less of such a worthy adversary.

uClibc uses Kconfig/kbuild, which uses HOST to mean the machine we are
currently building on.

From linux/Documentation/kbuild/makefiles.txt:
Kbuild supports building executables on the host for use during the
compilation stage.

Yes, it is very confusing.

---
Geoffrey