[oe] Summary of an unwanted merge and what I did

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Tue Apr 29 12:06:20 UTC 2008

There are lots of good feature and bad features to all the choices. What
it boils down to is many people want to use git because everyone else
does (I fall into the category), but git is a pain in the hind-quarters
to learn (I also fall into this category, ask me about git revert
sometime). Hg is the closest replacement for monotone, but it suffers
from a small (but expanding) user base. Then there are "technical"
reasons that I'll skip :)

Then there is the school of thought that we should just make everyone
unhappy and use Visual Source Safe or ClearCase.

Philip