[oe] Mixed up STAGING_INCDIR's in uclibc.inc?

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Tue Apr 29 12:24:19 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-29 at 14:07 +0200, Leon Woestenberg wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 9:48 AM, Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  That should pull the dependency. but this line
> >
> >  DEPENDS = "linux-libc-headers"
> >
> >  should be changed to
> >
> >  DEPENDS += "linux-libc-headers"
> >
> >  I think.
> >
> No, I think the DEPENDS was *intended* to be overridden with a small
> *sub*set that is enough for -initial (to prevent cyclic dependencies).
>
> However, I suspect it should DEPEND on ncurses-native now as well.
>
> You know, I'll fire off a Poky Linux build on a system without
> ncurses-dev on the host to verify my thesis,

This was a recent fix to Poky. I removed all the -dev packages from our
build machine and my desktop and can confirm it worked without the -dev
package installed after the fix. I don't think its needed for -initial,
just for the main version but I could be wrong. Be sure to use "bitbake
uclibc-initial" when you test.

Cheers,

Richard