[oe] ppc64 host

Dmitry Baryshkov dbaryshkov at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 12:45:14 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 05, 2008 at 10:26:05AM +0200, Robert Schuster wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sergey Lapin schrieb:
> > Hi, all!
> >
> > Do anybody had any success running OE builds on ppc64 host?
> just send this boxen over to me and I'll check it out.
>

> Just kidding! :)
>
> > If not, is there any advice regarding that?
> You might run into trouble when qemu needs to execute some stuff from
> the target platform as they do not list[0] ppc64 host cpu support
> explicitly.
>
> Otherwise follow the steps are applicable for other distros/CPUs as
> well: /bin/sh needs to be bash etc.
>
> Would be cool if you tell us whether you have success.

I'm building the OE images on the ppc64 host (Apple xServe G5):
Debian lenny (current), 64-bit kernel, 32-bit userspace.
To successfully build packages for arm, I had to manually override
BUILD_ARCH to be ppc (misdetected as ppc64) and disable binary locale
generation (qemu segfaulted).

I'm going to try to build OE image in fully 64 bit environment, but that
is not going to happen soon.

--
With best wishes
Dmitry