[oe] outstanding avr32 issues (and their workarounds)

Robert Schuster theBohemian at gmx.net
Tue Aug 12 07:44:52 UTC 2008

Hi,

Robert Schuster schrieb:
> 5) linux
> This is only important if you want to boot from SD/MCC like me. The
> defconfig should say that ext2 or 3 (or both) is built-in. Otherwise you
> cannot boot from such a filesystem.
Just in case someone wants to know how to do this. I use these commands:

mmcinit
ext2load mmc 0:1 0x10300000 /boot/uImage
set bootargs console=ttyS0 root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rootdelay=1
bootm 0x10300000

"rootdelay=1" is important because otherwise the mmc card is not yet
available.

One can save a lot of typing by putting the above commands into a
variable and run them later.

Enter "askenv mmcboot"
Paste the commands:
mmcinit;ext2load mmc 0:1 0x10300000 /boot/uImage;set bootargs
console=ttyS0 root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rootdelay=1;bootm 0x10300000

(<Enter>)
Run "saveenv".

Later on run the commands by entering "run mmcboot".

Regards
Robert