[oe] ipkg/opkg offical response

Mike (mwester) mwester at dls.net
Thu Aug 21 06:48:57 UTC 2008

Richard Purdie wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 10:45 +1030, Rod Whitby wrote:
>> Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
>>> So creation of "opkg-nogpg":
>>>
>>> require opkg_svn.bb
>>> EXTRA_OECONF += "--disable-gpg"
>>>
>>> would be nice addon. Creation of "curl-nossl" and selecting it is
>>> something which should be rather DISTRO choice as it generate same
>>> packages as "curl" recipe.
>> +1
>
> Creation of that has my backing too.

The first part of this has been done, and opkg builds.  I'm not sure the
no-gpg version works yet, but that's another issue.

The second part of the proposal above seems to not yet exist
(curl-nossl) -- unless I'm missing something.  There's no bb recipe, and
the existing curl bb file has no DISTRO-specific overrides to remove the
>1MB of stuff it hauls in to replace wget.  Hints anyone?  Is this
supposed to be a separate recipe, that perhaps never got committed?  Or
is there some other magic config stuff that needs to be created?

Mike (mwester)