[oe] provide libc-dev in glibc eglibc

Phil Blundell pb at reciva.com
Fri Aug 22 09:08:19 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-21 at 18:25 -0700, Khem Raj wrote:
> This patch makes an alias for libc-dev which points to libc6-dev in
> glibc and eglibc. This makes this package have same name like uclibc.
> This helps in writing recipes which uses these dev packages to use
> just one name and do not worry about what system library is in use.

Is the existing libc-dev package (i.e. the one from uclibc) concrete or
virtual?  If the former then you should call this new alias something
like "virtual-libc-dev" and make uclibc's libc-dev provide it as well.
If libc-dev is already a pure virtual then I guess adding a direct
RPROVIDES for glibc is harmless enough, though it might still be a good
idea to use the "virtual-libc-dev" naming for clarity and to avoid any
future imbroglio with other libraries.

By the way, your diffs always seem to come out with MIME-type
"application/octet-stream" which makes them a bit tedious to view.
Could you send them as something like text/diff or text/plain in future?

p.