[oe] bitbake world

Rolf Leggewie no2spam at nospam.arcornews.de
Sat Aug 23 12:46:21 UTC 2008

Koen Kooi wrote:
> A lot of those packages just need a specific set of virtuals/foo to
> parse correctly, so the current list is bogus

"Just" is an interesting word, here, as is "bogus".

Thank you for the appreciative words you again found for the grunt work
I did.  Especially since apparently you lack understanding and manners.

*I* am the one doing the clean-up that you are ridiculing here as being
so easy and unimportant.  I wonder why nobody else did it before?  It
took me considerable time.

The list is anything but bogus.  It is real, for those that currently
want "bitbake world" not to abort without ever really doing anything.
The idea is now to bring the recipes back one-by-one and fix the
immediate problems.  Maybe if you'd been following oe-commits more
closely, you'd have noticed I already started.

If this is all so easy for you, I suggest you start pitching in fixing
the issues instead of ridiculing the efforts of others.