[oe] [RFC Wild Ideas Department] create soft-links from <pkg>/<src>/patches/some_local.patch to <oe.git>/packages/<pkg>/files/some_local.patch

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Wed Dec 3 17:00:13 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 9:46 AM, Leon Woestenberg
<leon.woestenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> during maintenance of our local set of OE patches, it would be handy
> not having to copy patches back into the repository.
>
> i.e. the patch fetcher could instead of copy the patch to the work
> directory, soft-link from the repo.

I can see why you want it.   The file:// fetcher copies everything,
not just patches, they aren't fetched differently currently.  You
could introduce regressions if it were to affect anything but patches,
so you'd have to add a special case for uris with patch=1 in the
file:// fetcher to link instead of copy, and possibly make it optional
via a variable.  I take it you do a lot of patch alterations in the
workdir to fix problems?
--
Chris Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com