[oe] broken shared-mime-info and MIME typing

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Thu Dec 4 13:28:21 UTC 2008

Op 4 dec 2008, om 14:09 heeft Stanislav Brabec het volgende geschreven:

> Koen Kooi wrote:
>
>> * shared-mime-info does *NOT* include freedesktop.org.xml to save
>> space
>> * mime.bbclass *DOES* check for /usr/bin/update-mime-info
>> * mime.bbclass *DOES* add rdepends to freedesktop.org.xml when needed
>>
>> This means that people not needing freedesktop.org.xml don't get it
>> installed and people that do need it get it installed automagically
>> when
>> using mime.bbclass
>
> NOTE: adding mime postinst and postrm scripts to libgeda
> NOTE: adding shared-mime-info dependency to libgeda
>
> This would not work. Without freedesktop.org.xml the command
> "update-mime-database /usr/share/mime" will ruin the database.

That does work, had you looked a bit better:

mime.bbclass does:
		rdepends.append("freedesktop-mime-info")

shared-mime-info_0.51.bb does:
		RDEPENDS_freedesktop-mime-info = "shared-mime-info"

So how will that *NOT* install freedesktop.org.xml?

I tested it on 2 devices and it does the right thing:
freedesktop.org.xml gets installed before the update-mime-database
command is run.

FWIW: this is a subscriber only list, so quit with the reply-all