[oe] invalidating udev cache, how?

Mike (mwester) mwester at dls.net
Thu Dec 4 17:09:00 UTC 2008

Mike (mwester) wrote:

> A slight improvement would be to make the dev.tar file dependent upon
> the bootargs; i.e. invalidate /etc/dev.tar file if the boot command line
> doesn't match the current command line.  This could be a very fast
> operation, just "cmp /proc/cmdline /etc/dev_cmdline" or similar.

As I consider this further, we could actually just save and compare
/proc/atags if that's present on the device in question (falling back to
/proc/cmdline if not present).  That would catch *any* changes passed in
to the kernel via the bootloader.

Flashing a new kernel would seem to be another logical place to
invalidate the cache, so adding a comparison of "uname -rv" would be a
reasonable way to catch that.

Mike (mwester)