[oe] Bitbake release

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Sat Dec 6 14:39:36 UTC 2008

Hi,

As people have probably noticed I just synced up a number of useful
changes from Poky into bitbake and brought things pretty much back into
sync.

The current plan is to let this stabilise for 1 week and the providing
no major bugs were introduced, make a new release (finally!).

Could people therefore upgrade to latest bitbake-1.8 from svn and report
any problems please.

For reference, we will probably make OE.dev depend on the new bitbake
version pretty rapidly allowing some cleanups and optimisation unless
there are any strong objections.

Cheers,

Richard

--