[oe] Building minimal-image with kernel24

Joshua Lamorie jpl at xiphos.ca
Thu Dec 11 05:08:15 UTC 2008

Gidday there,

Sorry for this simple question, but I've been using subversion up to now, and I can't figure out how to use git to checkout/pull/clone the documentation.  I can see the results of ...

git-ls-remote  --heads git://git.openembedded.net/openembedded.git refs/heads/org.openembedded.documentation

Then, inside the openembedded repository that I cloned with

git clone git://git.openemebbeded.net/openembedded.git

I can see the other branches with

[jpl at megatron openembedded]$ git branch -r

However, as suggested in http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/user-manual.html#examining-remote-branches, I do a checkout and I get the following.

[jpl at megatron openembedded]$ git checkout -b documentation origin/org.openembedded.documentation
fatal: Entry 'packages/tinylogin/tinylogin_1.4.bb' not uptodate. Cannot merge.

There is an error in that .bb file (I just added a patch to bugzilla) but shouldn't I be able to get this branch without dealing with the uncommited changes to that file?

Thanks

Joshua

On Wednesday, 10 December, 2008 17:27, "Cliff Brake" <cliff.brake at gmail.com> said:

> On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 4:40 PM, Joshua Lamorie <jpl at xiphos.ca> wrote:
>
>> p.s. Where is it possible to contribute to the OE manual?
>
> Check the following branch out of git, and then post patch to bugzilla.
>
> http://git.openembedded.net/?p=openembedded.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/org.openembedded.documentation
>
> Thanks,
> Cliff
>
> --

Xiphos Technologies
(514) 847-9474 x227
(514) 848-9644 fax

www.xiphos.com
The information transmitted is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
confidential and/or privileged material.  If you have
received this in error, please contact the sender and delete
this communication and any copy immediately. Thank you.