[oe] [RFC] Ship dbus config and dbus service activation files

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Thu Dec 11 07:47:03 UTC 2008

On 11-12-08 01:55, Mike (mwester) wrote:
> Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
>> We can compile it completely without dbus support in a seperate recipe, if
>> that's what you want -- but given the increasing ubiquity of dbus, that
>> doesn't make much sense.
>
> Which raises a point -- there are still devices out there that don't
> want the X11 libraries (due to flash space limitations)

http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/repo/?pkgname=dbus-1
http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/repo/?pkgname=libdbus-1-3

Now where do you see it the _packages_ depending on libx11-6? Is dbus
going to be the new python where everybody starts screaming about
requiring X at runtime, when it's only a buildtime dep to build an
*optional* subpackage like python-tk? Please stop with the FUD.

regards,

Koen