[oe] Request for a personal git tree for AT91/AVR32

Robert Schuster theBohemian at gmx.net
Thu Dec 11 08:01:47 UTC 2008

Hi Ulf,

somehow nobody cared to answer this :$
Ulf Samuelsson schrieb:
> Is the "personal" git tree really personal, or can you have
> a git tree which is available to a group?
We normally give r/w access to individuals. With write access you have
the possibility to create user branches. After you fixed/added/whatever
a certain feature you can propose your changes on the list and if its
fine it can be merged.

> It makes sense for me to have an "atmel" group which I
> could share with other interested atmel employees.
I think the closest you can get with git is that one person commits on
behalf of someone else, e.g. git commit --author <the other person>

Of course it would also be possible to give write access to more people.

> Who is making decisions on access?
The OE team. Someone proposes you and then the rest of OE informally
votes. If no one has strong objections which needs to be discussed
write access will be granted.

I will write that proposal for you. :)

Regards
Robert