[oe] Monotone issues

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Mon Feb 4 02:36:13 UTC 2008

On Sunday 03 February 2008 22:03:53 Graeme Gregory wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 23:51:39 +0000
>
> Richard Purdie <rpurdie at rpsys.net> wrote:
> > The difficulty in fixing this simple problem along with the speed
> > issues make me wonder if monotone is right for the future though? I
> > do get put off making commits due to the lack of speed too...

Agreed. It's starting to be unbearable again.

> Sounds like it is time for our regular re-assessment of the use
> of monotone. Maybe we should start another round of testing other
> SCM systems again.

Agreed. To add up on that, last month Graydon Hoare officially announced his
retiring from the monotone project. Not that this would have any short term
effect, but it adds up to general feeling of re-evaluation.

Ideally, we would collect candidates and experience reports pretty soon and
make a decision at or shortly after the next OE meeting (FOSDEM).

--
Dr. Michael 'Mickey' Lauer | IT-Freelancer | http://www.vanille-media.de