[oe] Monotone issues

Florian Boor florian.boor at kernelconcepts.de
Mon Feb 4 08:58:42 UTC 2008

Hi,

Graeme Gregory schrieb:
> Sounds like it is time for our regular re-assessment of the use
> of monotone. Maybe we should start another round of testing other
> SCM systems again. I know your not the only person seeing mtn start
> to creak.

I agree... I have never been a friend of monotone but got used to it. But it
reminds you that it is still not ready for complex projects. Just to mention the
pain that updates are not atomic operations and problems during an update end up
in the pain of a broken repository.
Another major problem is that a monotone update sometimes causes a very time
consuming database update. Waiting half a day on a really fast machine for the
database to become usable again is a real showstopper.

Greetings

Florian

--
The dream of yesterday                  Florian Boor
is the hope of today                    Tel: +49 271-771091-15
[Robert Hutchings Goddard, 1904]        florian.boor at kernelconcepts.de

1D78 2D4D 6C53 1CA4 5588  D07B A8E7 940C 25B7 9A76