[oe] getVar. setVar, "d", etc.

Rich Pixley rich.pixley at palm.com
Tue Feb 5 02:37:26 UTC 2008

Let me try this again.

I have a class.  My class is listed in the INHERIT in my local.conf.

My class intends to set a variable, SUBMISSION_busybox, which will be
used by a bb file as "PR = ${SUBMISSION_busybox}".

I'm setting the variable via setVar, and pretty printing "d" shows me
that it's in p.dict.

However, attempting to bitbake yields:

NOTE: <type 'exceptions.SyntaxError'>:EOL while scanning single-quoted
string (<string>, line 1) while evaluating:
${@base_set_filespath([
"/home/rich/projects/nova/oe-bom/nova/oe/packages/busybox/busybox-1.7.2-${SUBMISSION_busybox}",
"/home/rich/projects/nova/oe-bom/nova/oe/packages/busybox/busybox-1.7.2",
"/home/rich/projects/nova/oe-bom/nova/oe/packages/busybox/busybox",
"/home/rich/projects/nova/oe-bom/nova/oe/packages/busybox/files",
"/home/rich/projects/nova/oe-bom/nova/oe/packages/busybox" ], d)}
ERROR: Error in executing:
ERROR: Exception:<type 'exceptions.SyntaxError'> Message:EOL while
scanning single-quoted string (<string>, line 1)
ERROR: Printing the environment of the function

  File "<string>", line 1
    base_set_filespath([
"/home/rich/projects/nova/oe-bom/nova/oe/packages/busybox/busybox-1.7.2-${SUBMISSION_busybox

(The caret is under the last "o").

And I'm totally confused.  It would appear to me as though
SUBMISSION_busybox isn't being found and thus isn't being expanded.  I'm
assuming that my understanding of the various "d"'s is my conceptual
weakness here.

Could someone please point out my obvious flaw?  Or point me toward
relevant doc or code which might help clarify this for me?

--rich