[oe] [RFC] push those patches, push'em up

Rolf Leggewie no2spam at nospam.arcornews.de
Wed Feb 13 00:41:02 UTC 2008

Hi,

OE has quite many patches that are just too valuable to keep to
ourselves.  In the spirit of our bug sprint weekends, I want to propose
patch-pushing weekends.  Maybe we can even replace the former with the
latter.  I'd like to propose the coming weekend as the first of this kind.

To get everybody on the same page and to make sure this is a sustainable
 effort, I'd also like to propose some soft policy for patches committed
to OE.  This should help us quickly find those patches still in need of
some pushing.

 1) first line in a patch starts with upstream: and goes on to list the
    URL where the bug has been reported upstream.
 2) further information can optionally be listed in the following fields
    * status: pending, accepted in XXX, rejected
    * origin: where the patch has been stolen ;-)
    * comment: any further detail such as description or reason for
               application of the patch

Comments?  Volunteers to join the cause?

Regards

Rolf