[oe] [oe-commits] org.oe.dev anki: fix parse error

Mike (mwester) mwester at dls.net
Fri Feb 15 15:03:00 UTC 2008

Rolf Leggewie wrote:
> Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
>
>> export PV is valid syntax, but needs bitbake >= 1.8.8.
>>
>> If you think it's too early to depend on this, then you can substitute with
>>
>> export PV := "${PV}"
>>

> I think depending on 1.8.10 is fine and indeed, this might be a good
> test to make sure everybody updates ;-)

I recall a series of discussions some months ago regarding the topic of
making OE an easier tool for other distro developers, companies, or
individuals to use.  Requiring a bitbake upgrade to accommodate a
single-line in a single recipe that can easily be expressed in a fashion
compatible with the existing bitbake versions installed, well that just
seem to fly in the face of that earlier discussion.

Here's one vote for against forcing a complete bitbake upgrade on other
communities:
-1 from me!

> Thanks for clarifying why some people saw this while most did not.

Mike (mwester)