[oe] [RFC] PKGPV/PKGPR of the PKG fame

Paul Sokolovsky pmiscml at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 18:36:18 UTC 2008

Hello,

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 18:07:39 +0100
Robert Schuster <theBohemian at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi,
> while I like the general idea the proposed implemented is not so nice
> IMHO because
> 	- it works only for ipk packaging (should be agnostic)

That's just a sample of implementation. As it is now, it seems that
each format-specific package class needs to handle it on its own.

> 	- for dependency resolution the original version values are
> used

If you mean version under which this package will be dependent
upon, then for sure yes, I didn't even consider that area. My usecase
is to create "proxy" packages which would already fit into existing
dependency chains - just exactly need to set PV to match external
expectations.

> IMHO this stuff should be done in packaging.bbclass instead.
>
> Regards
> Robert

[]

--