[oe] [oe-commits] org.oe.dev ipkg: Enable debian revision comparing

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Tue Feb 19 12:51:45 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-19 at 14:38 +0200, Paul Sokolovsky wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 07:48:49 +0100
> "rpurdie commit" <openembedded-commits at lists.openembedded.org> wrote:
>
> > ipkg: Enable debian revision comparing
> >
> > Author: rpurdie at openembedded.org
> > Branch: org.openembedded.dev
> > Revision: d4732f85d42b87e990dd3cdfed1c9d40f04ff5e8
> > ViewMTN:
> > http://monotone.openembedded.org/revision/info/d4732f85d42b87e990dd3cdfed1c9d40f04ff5e8
> > Files: 1
> > packages/ipkg/files/enable_debversion.patch
> > packages/ipkg/files/update_version_comparision.patch
> > packages/ipkg/ipkg-native_0.99.163.bb
> > packages/ipkg/ipkg.inc
> > packages/ipkg/ipkg_0.99.163.bb
>
> It's nice to see ipkg to be cleaned up, but I wonder how scalable is
> this? How this relates to opkg effort? I'm sure there's some plan,
> but I happen to not know about it (== it's wasn't mentioned on
> oe-devel), so would be nice to get some insight ;-).

Well, last night I "broke" builds with a valid package upgrade. My
options were to workaround (bump package epoch or bump PR of everything
depending on xcalibratext) or fix the real problem. I chose to hack ipkg
and fix the problem since it was relatively straightforward.

I have already waved the fixes at one of the opkg developers so
hopefully it will be applied there properly and OE can make a transition
to opkg in due course, all the patching won't be necessary and we can
look forward to a package manager that actually works! :)

Cheers,

Richard