[oe] what is a fixed bug? (was: [oe-commits] org.oe.dev - Ignore false toggle signals (work-around for OE#3390).)

Rolf Leggewie no2spam at nospam.arcornews.de
Wed Feb 20 18:38:40 UTC 2008

Paul Sokolovsky wrote:
> feeds. So, if bug is fixed in source, but corresponding package hasn't
> made to feeds, then per above idea (hopefully pretty obvious and
> no-nonsense), the bug should not be closed.

I disagree (see mail about Angstrom usurping bugs.oe.org).

I have yet to come up with a complete plan how things should work (one
idea fell apart because a partner had to retract their offer).  But
let's discuss this piece since it came up: when to consider a normal bug
closed.

The above are really two or more issues.

a) fix the problem itself
b) propagate the fix to A*
c) propagate the fix to PS Distro

IMO, any bug fixed in .dev ought to be closed.  If it needs to be
backported or released to A*, then a separate ticket should be opened
(one issue, one bug, remember!).  The cloning function from bugzilla can
easily be used for that.

We just face the problem that - unlike launchpad - bugzilla is incapable
of tracking the status according to project for the same issue (open for
ubuntu, closed in debian for example)