[oe] OE.dev roadworks notification

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 22:37:54 UTC 2008

Hello,

On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 1:07 PM, Jeremy Lainé
<jeremy.laine at bolloretelecom.eu> wrote:
>  I would also prefer to see packaged staging as the default.
>  It will go a long way towards making builds deterministic as
>  opposed to the current situation where you may or may not
>  have cruft leftover in your staging directory, depending on
>  what you built in the past.

I agree with Jeremy's reasoning.

The only deterministic build currently is a build-from-scratch.
Packages configure themselves against anything that you might have
staged but what does not end up in the image.

To what stage is .stable synchronized with current .dev? I would like
to move all my running projects across both branches so that I can
both
(1) continue working on them
(2) test Richard's efforts on .dev

And Richard, your work is greatly applauded!

Regards from a mere handful-of-package maintainer,
--
Leon