[oe] Issue: ldconfig postinst and uclibc

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 10:25:34 UTC 2008

Hello all,

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 7:26 PM, Paul Sokolovsky <pmiscml at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > >  2. Use "[ -x /sbin/ldconfig ] && /sbin/ldconfig" in postinst. Note:
>  > >  currently ldconfig is called without a path.
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >  Thoughts?

Yes, apparently we have two cases:

(1) build-time package installation only. Typically people building
firmware for embedded systems.
(2) both build-time and run-time package installation. Handhelds etc.
where users can deploy packages afterwards.

Can we distuingish those two cases and then make OE
(1) not install ipkg, ldconfig, package info, feed info etc/
(2) do install ipkg, ldconfig, etc.

Regards,
--
Leon