[oe] Google Summer of Code

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 20:36:07 UTC 2008

Hello,

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 8:15 PM, Jacob Thebault-Spieker
<summatusmentis at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm a first year Computer Science major interested in participating in
>  Google Summer of Code. What's the process for doing this in OE? Is there
>  a process? Who should I talk to about mentoring? Are there any projects
>  that I could do? I'm relatively familiar with OE, specifically Angstrom,
>  as I have a two Zaurii, a C3200 and an SL-5500.
>
>  I don't know of anything specific about OE that's not fully functional,
>  although, one project I was thinking about was a GUI video player, as a
>  frontend for mplayer.

Your idea sounds great, and there happens a lot of
kernel/drivers/library/application programming, but your idea does not
fit OpenEmbedded itself very well, because OpenEmbedded is the build
system.

However, one of the developers or maintainers might be interested to
mentor you, who knows.

I would suggest to also ask around elsewhere though, at least bring
this up on the related handhelds mailing lists, angstrom might already
be more on topic then oe.

Good luck!!
--
Leon