[oe] Google Summer of Code

Jacob Thebault-Spieker summatusmentis at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 05:27:57 UTC 2008

Erik Hovland wrote:

 > You would have a better chance of submitting this idea to the Maemo
 > or Mplayer groups.
 >
 > I am not likely to administer the hh.org SoC again this year. So I can't
 > say whether you should submit your idea there.

The difference is, I don't feel like this idea really fits with MPlayer,
and I don't have a Maemo device to test it. I'm sure there's some sort
of virtualization, but I'm familiar enough with OE/Angstrom, that I felt
like this would be a good place to start.

Philip Balister wrote:
 > What are the deadlines for SoC? I'm not sure if we will have the
 > infrastructure in place to do direct OE SoC projects this year. I'll
 > ping the board though.
 >
 > Philip

Mentoring Organizations apply between March 3 and March 12, and then the
students apply later in March, between March 24 and March 31. This needs
to happen soon, otherwise OE/whatever OE based distro won't be able to
apply. Perhaps it's partially on me, and not bringing this up earlier,
but I was kinda waiting for the dates to be released.

Jacob Thebault-Spieker
Cell: (207) 717-5114