[oe] OE Staging ABI Change Warning

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Fri Feb 29 22:43:56 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-29 at 19:29 +0100, Leon Woestenberg wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 7:04 PM, Richard Purdie <rpurdie at rpsys.net> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2008-02-29 at 18:24 +0100, Leon Woestenberg wrote:
> >  > excellent work and plan of attack.
> >
> >  > Could you explain why this must be TARGET_VENDOR instead of BUILD_VENDOR?
> >
> >  Its a little bit hacky but there is a good reason. Basically you don't
> >  want -native and -sdk packages in the same directory. If you don't
> >
> Could we just add a comment explaining this approach above the assignment?
> Everything that is not trivial by code inspection surely deserves a comment.

Agreed, I will add something before I commit it.

> I recon I could try the patch already.

I'm happy for anyone to do so, its been tested locally so does basically
work although as I'm sure is clear, this is a fundamental change and
some things will break :/.

FWIW, its what Poky has been using for a while so the 'GMAE stack' is
well tested, its the areas outside that which I worry about.

Cheers,

Richard