[oe] [oe-commits] org.oe.dev gpsd: Provide working default configuration and init-script for fic-gta01. This makes gpsd device-specific for gta01, please check the feeds.

Matthias Hentges oe at hentges.net
Tue Jan 1 18:47:34 UTC 2008

Am Dienstag, den 01.01.2008, 18:12 +0100 schrieb Koen Kooi:

> coredump2 commit schreef:
> > gpsd: Provide working default configuration and init-script for fic-gta01. This makes gpsd device-specific for gta01, please check the feeds.
>
> the (recently renamed) machine_id function exists for a reason. gta0* is
> runtime detectable, so no reason to hardcode it at buildtime.

Are you seriously suggesting hacking gpsd to runtime-detect the device
it's running on and auto-configure itself _just_ so you can point to
machine_id and make life for everyone a bit more difficult?

You can't expect people to hack apps just so the apps fit your holy
image of a "good" build environment, it is the other way around my
friend.

> And if
> people insist on buildtime hardcodes, but the stuff in ${PN}-conf or
> something.

Please stop your trolling. Paul took the two minutes to think up some
understandable reasons for the change-request. Your mail, OTOH didn't
add any value at all to this thread, and is just wasted bandwidth, like
usual.

If I see any more of this trolling nonsense thrown my way, I will add
you to my killfile. I don't care what you think, what you say, or what
you write.
Very few people these days do take you seriously, that is something to
think about.

--
Matthias 'CoreDump' Hentges
Cologne / Germany

Webmaster of Hentges.net & Embedded Linux Developer
GPG ->  gpg --keyserver gpg-keyserver.de --recv-keys 0xAF3030D9

My OS: Debian SID: Geek by Nature, Linux by Choice